Warehouse Management Solution is an enterprise software application that automates and manages the processes of an organization’s warehouse. WMS provides a centralized software interface for processing, managing and monitoring a warehouse’s operational processes. Warehouse management system may also be called an inventory management system and store management system. A warehouse management system provides a suite of features and services that address a comprehensive set of warehouse operations. Although each WMS might provide different secondary level services, the primary features of a WMS are centered on inventory management.
A comprehensive warehouse management system helps streamline multiple functions of your enterprise:
- Receiving – Gain insights into shipments that have been delivered, but that are not yet at their final location. Make sure items at low stock levels are staged and put away first, reducing the impact of out-of-stocks and inefficient fulfillment processes.
- Put-Away – Know the location of the entire inventory on your shelves. Route your workers to the right location, set up their picks in the proper order to minimize travel time, and increase the number of orders they can pick each day.
- Picking – Improve error-proofing and productivity in the picking process. Workers receive their picks on a mobile device that routes them to the proper location. Scanning items when you pick them verifies that the right item at the right quantity is picked.
- Packing – Ensure the accuracy of each order that is picked and reduce material costs by determining the right sized shipping carton.
- Shipping – See that each order is properly packaged and shipped to the right destination and delivered on the right date.
Warehouse Management system brings great returns on investment. Although installing a full-scale warehouse management system can be a costly investment, you will quickly recognize its value. After a warehouse management system has been up and running for only a few months, many of our customers say that they cannot envision their operations without it. From achieving real-time visibility into inventory and orders, to decreasing the time it takes to invoice and receive customer payments, a warehouse management system package extends mobility to each worker in your warehouse and prepares you to scale your business.